Just like a car sometimes our eyes can verge failing. A number of corroborating factors could be at play including neglect and/or ignorance.
Notably, a large percentage of the human population will experience eye problems at some point in their lives.
These are the tell-tale signs your eyes could be failing.
- Crossed/misaligned eyes
- Dark spot in the center of your field of vision
- Difficulty focusing on near or distant objects
- Double vision
- Dry eyes with itching or burning
- Episodes of cloudy vision
- Excess discharge or tearing
- Eye pain
- Floaters or flashers
- Growing bump on the eyelid
- Halos (colored circles around lights) or glare
- Hazy or blurred vision
- Inability to close an eyelid
- Loss of peripheral vision
- Redness around the eye
- Spots in your field of vision
- Sudden loss of vision
- Trouble adjusting to dark rooms
- Unusual sensitivity to light or glare
- Veil obstructing vision
If you experience any or a combination of this signs and symptoms makes sure you book an appointment to see an Optometrist/Ophthalmologist as soon as possible.
Catching serious eye problems early can help preserve your vision. Even non-vision-threatening eye problems can be treated to keep your eyes comfortable and your eyesight as sharp as possible.
Optometrist, Eye Health Educator/Advocate.