Travel and Dialysis might seem hard to people who are undergoing the treatment. But, do you think it’s worth compromising on enjoying life, business, and job opportunities, and much more just because one of your organs has some issue?
The answer is a straight no and that’s why we answered several questions people have about travel dialysis with a guide to make it a happy journey.
Is It Possible To Travel While On Dialysis?
Yes, you can book an appointment for a dialysis center in the country you are visiting. Apart from some formalities, the procedure will almost be the same.
How To Find A Center For Travel Dialysis?
It is easy to find a dialysis center in one’s own country. However, people find it difficult to manage international travel while on dialysis. But, it’s not at all tough as almost all countries have traveler dialysis centers.
Can I Get A Dialysis Center In An Emergency?
Though getting a dialysis center in another country requires you to plan ahead of time, it’s not impossible to arrange one in an emergency. Explain your problem and they will do it for you. However, your medical records need to be ready.
What Do I Have To Do To Book My Appointment?
- Plan your journey
- Collect your medical reports
- Find a center in the country you are visiting.
- Book a consultation call
- Book your appointment
How To Ensure That I Will Receive The Best Care?
The best care can only be ensured if you manage to choose the best center.
- You can read reviews
- Check what facilities they offer
- Take recommendations from those whom you are visiting
- Ask for references from your doctor.
If you are traveling to Kenya on dialysis, we would be happy to host you at one of our centers. Nephromed is known for its world class dialysis centers.
What If I Get Sick In Another Country?
Your center in the other country will assign you a doctor. The team will always be prepared for any such emergency. You only need to stay in touch with them.
Can You Do Dialysis In Kenya?
We at Nephromed offer you hygienic and well-facilitated dialysis centers in Kenya.
You can choose from a number of centers situated at various locations depending on where you will be staying.
Why Choose Nephromed Dialysis Centers?
- NephroMed is an affordable dialysis center in Nairobi, Kenya. It offers support services like laboratory tests, pharmacy, ultrasound etc. and are very affordable, even to the patients paying out of pocket.
- Comfortable and Spacious Dialysis Room
- Nephrologist review twice a month
- Nutritional Diet and consultation
- Visit us on www.nephromed.co.ke